Why Am I Eating This Now?
Your Keys to Consistency
LIVE Group Program ($1,ooo)
Stress and overwhelm don’t have to derail how you eat. In fact, when we understand the root cause of this pressure, we can make more fulfilling and freeing choices that eliminate the need for stress and “I deserve this” eating.
The evidence-based, client proven “Why Am I Eating This Now” (WAIETN) process teaches you the tools to use stress to improve (not derail), your nutrition and life goals. This group format provides a faster learning curve with the support and collaboration of a small group tackling similar challenges.
WAIETN Live will reopen in 2022.
(Self-study comes with two months of live support.)
Navigate the Experience
Who Is This For?
This is not for everybody. The Why Am I Eating This Now? process is rooted in Adult Development theory. It’s different than therapy or coaching and requires a certain level of self-awareness, self-reflection and willingness to take action outside your comfort zone.
This Adult Development process IS NOT for you if:
- You have only recently embarked on a path of personal growth
- You are not currently in a position to invest in yourself financially
- You are currently unwilling/unable to do deep emotional work
- You want a quick fix, a plan or formula to follow
This process IS for you if your primary goals are to:
- Work on the root causes of falling off track with your eating
- Put food in a mindful, not obsessive place in your life
- Stop wasting time and precious mental energy on food and allowing what you weigh to dictate your confidence and choices
- Get off the “all-or-nothing” and “analysis-paralysis” train in your food, exercise and life
- You’re ready to invest emotionally and financially in high-level support to make a quantum leap in developing your emotional agility to better manage stress, overwhelm and not turn to food when real life happens
The Stress-Eating Cycle is about Psychological Safety
We’ll uncover and transform the root cause of why you are inconsistent with your food, exercise, and self-care.
Consistency is not about willpower, discipline, or a love of food (or lack of self-worth). Rather, falling off track is often caused by not having your needs and wants met in other areas of your life. This causes a lack of psychological safety.
While it can seem disconnected — stress from a work project or relationship conflict earlier in the day or week can cause you to turn towards the comfort and numbing of food at unexpected times.
Let’s learn how to choose our response to stress versus react to it to liberate ourselves from stress eating, while making life easier and more fulfilling.
Clockwise from the top…
1 — TRIGGER
Your kids school closed down. Your team member isn’t performing well. You didn’t hear back from your date. What’s happening isn’t actually stressful or depressing, our internal emotional trigger is making us more dependent on our weight to give us confidence (i.e. choices the “real me” wants).
2 — STRESS RESPONSE
To protect ourselves, we “gear up” for psychological battle: Compete, Avoid, or Accommodate.
3 — BEHAVIOR
These three stress responses generate all sorts of behaviors that actually create a self-fulfilling prophecy, where we find ourselves behind, unfulfilled, and isolated.
4 — LOSS OF SELF TRUST
We then eat because nothing is changing and we fell like we have no choice in the matter. We believe the “you don’t have enough willpower or discipline” myth that feeds diet culture.
5 — LOOPS BACK TO TRIGGER
We become less resilient and creative about other choices outside of the compete, avoid, or accommodate construct and become more stressed and depressed.
6 — AUTO-PILOT EATING
The cycle repeats…
…and we’re back to the top.
How We’ll Break the Cycle
Let’s cultivate more psychological safety and stop unconscious self-soothing with food, which feels like being out of control or obsessive with food.
This three-month program draws deep into emotional intelligence and adult development theory to guide you through why you eat and how to identify and resolve these patterns to stop your “white-knuckle” relationship with food and be consistent enough for the results you want and are possible.
Why Am I Eating This Now? Live Group program is a safe space for curious skeptics to explore and transform the overwhelm that leads to fighting food and frustrating eating.
In 2021, we will have a special LIVE teaching of each module, applying it to our COVID era lives.
After the live session, you’ll also have access to a 5, 30-minute modules in easy downloadable audio podcasts and transcripts to reinforce the live teaching and how it applies to non-COVID times.
Each module acts as a lily pad to interrupting the stress eating cycle. This process is designed and proven to generate life-changing ah-has, clarity and meaningful progress with food, health, and life goals. You’ll uncover:
- Lesson 1: The four emotional triggers that cause our food obsessing and our destructive eating patterns, including what COVID eliminated that made you feel better (and you want to keep up) and/or exasperated and you want to change.
- Lesson 2: Your current patterns of handling stress, which make food worth it in the moment (but not afterward!) and life more overwhelming than necessary, including what burnt you out or didn’t work during COVID.
- Lesson 3: How eating self-sabotage isn’t sabotage or rebellion but a protective behavior —you’ll also learn the two key tools to stop turning to food (hint: it’s not about willpower), including how to manage COVID triggers, like weight gain or realizing you don’t want to get back on the busy train of your pre-COVID life.
- Lesson 4: How to be with your emotions and to find this discomfort empowering versus turning to patterns of overeating and over-stressing, and what discomfort COVID has added to your plate and how you can better support your body (hint: trying to just “get over it” without addressing the stress our bodies have felt usually backfires when it comes to our food habits).
- Lesson 5: The two-step inquiry process to prevent, simplify and transform stress so you eat more in alignment with your health goals, including what COVID catalyzed you to discover you love and want to maintain as a new normal (did you come out as an Introvert who no longer needs to eat for energy?) and what you want to change based on what clarity of values arose during this time.
- Lesson 6: How do we apply our new self-awareness, resilience and values to social justice change we want to see? What is our work to do when everything seems urgent? We’ll discuss how our stress patterns create unhealthy approaches to social justice from burn out to white savior complex and a more effective, sustainable approach forward.
This also includes:
- Coaching exercises and tools included in each lesson to guide you through the above process
10, 60 MINUTE “OFFICE HOURS” OPEN Q&A CALLS (Times/Dates in FAQS)
In 2021, we will have a special format with live teaching, discussion and Q&A applying the lesson to COVID. The following week, we’ll have an hour Q&A for that lesson to get your questions answered and learn from others to drastically shorten your learning curve. Adult learning is influenced by connection, safety, and experimentation. The live group format offers an invaluable environment for exponential growth and progress.
24/7 ONLINE SUPPORT ON A PRIVATE COMMUNITY PLATFORM
You’ll be able to connect with others in our live WAIETN group and have support in between our Q&A calls in our private, easy to use, separate from social media and ad-free platform.
3 FREE MONTHS IN THE INSATIABLE MEMBERSHIP COMMUNITY
You’ll receive free access in the Insatiable membership community from August-October as you integrate the tools for more results as you take bigger risks to live life on your terms (and eat less as a side-effect and society hopefully opens up more and stay connected with others who value root-cause resolution, depth, and freedom.
$1,000 credit towards Truce with Food
WAIETN is designed as a strong warm-up to exponential progress in Truce with Food. WAIETN is a no-risk way to get a taste of Truce with Food as what you pay for WAIETN is credited towards your Truce with Food investment.
While everyone is different, side-effects of this is work include:
|Trying a “different” yet the same restrictive eating plan instead of getting to the emotional root causes||Eating and living more consistently with your goals|
|Seeing stress as a reason to put healthy eating and living on hold||Preventing and simplifying the stress and overwhelm in your life|
|Feeling trapped in the Deprivation-Guilt/“good”/”bad” eating cycle||Increasing freedom and relief as you dissolve the “on track” to win battle mentality|
|Feeling like life is happening to you and out of your control||Awakening courage and confidence you didn’t know that you had|
|Thinking you are weak or broken based on food choices||Being kinder and more compassionate with yourself|
|Self-monitoring and judgment around food and insecure life areas (i.e. job, dating, etc)||Gaining self-awareness that will improve every area of your life – even those that are already good|
Client Success Stories
“Why Am I Eating This Now? was the perfect program to show me how to stop crashing and burning.”
Read my story
“I stopped slipping with healthy eating and have the tools to keep going.”
Read my story
“I truly thought I’d never break free from emotional eating but I have.”
Read my story
“I’m empowered with tools to help me make balanced, healthy choices with not only food, but relationships, work and life in general.”
Read my story
“It’s not about the food!”
Read my story
“I wish I could bottle this feeling up and give it to everyone.”
Read my story
“In a way, betting the time and money on the course was like betting on myself.”
Read my story
“Ali has the rare gift of clarity.”
Read my story
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the dates/times for the 2021 WAIETN Live Group? and What's the time commitment each week?
What's the difference between the live and the self-study versions of Why Am I Eating this Now?
I really think I have a food addiction. Can this help?
I love your work Ali, I just don’t know if this will work for me.
I don’t know if I should do Why Am I Eating this Now? or wait till Truce with Food in January 2021.
Can I get reimbursed through my insurance?
I have gastritis, depression or trouble sticking with the food protocol I know I should. Will this program help me?
What is your completion rate?
I’m really busy. Can I fit this in?
I’m not really a group person. And I'm ashamed.
I want to believe this is truly different but I don’t want to waste anymore money on food and weight loss.
My problem is I'm a non-eater or I'm just really stressed and burnt out. Will this program help me?
How big is the group?
I’m in recovery from alcohol, attend 12-step meetings and see a therapist. I have attended food-based 12-step meetings and found them unhelpful. My fear is I will be learning things similar to what I’ve learned through psychotherapy and the 12 steps. Will this program benefit me?
Have a question not addressed here? Feel free to write to me:
My Personal Story
I thought I needed to be fixed when I entered the suburban strip mall Weight Watchers at 11 years old.
Learning how to effectively deal with my own food, health and life stress gave me the perspective, skills and tools to create a miraculous recovery from my cancer treatments, which included freeing myself from a decade of binge eating, depression and this year, getting pregnant at 40 after Western Medicine told me impossible. This ripple effect enabled me to leave my Corporate job and create a business and life where I am in choice and fulfilled in ways I never thought possible and am grateful for every damn day.