Truce with Food
Diets are a Losing Battle. It’s Time you Call a Truce With Food
Truce with Food: a personalized, online coaching experience to create lasting food freedom
Join us! We begin again February 2019
The Bread Basket Breakdown
There you are, out to dinner at a trendy restaurant with friends. This place is known for the gourmet pizza that streams out of the kitchen on sizzling saucers. You want pizza so badly. Yet your fork is perched over a salad. I’m being good ordering the grilled chicken salad, you remind yourself. Crunch, crunch, more mental math.
What if Food was no Longer a Fight? What if Eating Felt Safe?
For many of us, our relationship with food can be summed up as a battle:
Making healthy food choices is winning
Controlled eating is winning
Skinny is winning
Choosing bad food is losing
Mindless eating is losing
Gaining weight is losing
Every time we eat, we’re either winning or losing our battle with food. Consider this…
Food is not Your Enemy. Your Body is not a Battlefield.
If you’re fighting with food each time you eat (something we need to do to stay alive) — of course you’ll be battle-weary! And even more importantly, you know you weren’t put on this Earth to monitor your food intake.
Food shouldn’t be this hard. Yes, your intuition is onto something… The question isn’t “How do I resist tempting foods?”. The real question is “How do I become a person who is no longer tempted by food?” Every time you go “off” with your eating, there’s been an invisible process at work that causes automatic-pilot eating which has nothing to do with food.
Word on the street
The Auto-eating Spiral
First, let me assure you: this is not about willpower. We’ve been tricked into thinking we can outsmart our bodies to achieve an ideal shape. This is not a 21-day fix or a ‘lose 15 pounds fast’.
The six-month self-discovery program reveals your triggers and your stories for what they really are – finally! You discover what you need, when, to be satiated. You also get to strip away the cycles of self-criticism built up over years, maybe decades, of battling your food.
Truce with Food is designed to reveal:
- What foods work best for your body
- How to feel completely satisfied from your food
- How to gain lasting food freedom
- How to stop judging ‘good’ and ‘bad’ food
- How to stop eating from stress
- What’s holding you back from what you most want in life, and how to grow into the person who can change and live life on your terms.
About Ali Shapiro
I’m Ali Shapiro, MSOD, CHHC, founder of Truce with Food®, keynote speaker, host of top-ranked podcast Insatiable, holistic nutritionist, integrated health coach and rebel with a serious cause.
I am academically, practically, and empathetically aware of how the medical-system, diet culture and body positivity movements all have their own flavor of crazy. Most concerning, each of those choices demands that we settle on the degree of freedom and results possible.
Declare Your Truce With Food®
- Making food choices out of alignment with your goals is not about food. It’s a direct result of the Auto-Eating Spiral. We’ll identify the 4 components of your Auto-Eating Spiral, to provide clarity and prepare the soil for change.
- Through food and coaching experiments, you’ll learn what foods work best for you by learning how to balance your blood sugar and gut health. There’s no plan to follow, only your body.
When these two systems are in balance, cravings disappear while good moods and energy increase. Making healthy choices stops being about deprivation, and becomes all about making life easier.
You’ll also start to experiment with the Truce with Food tools to plot-twist your old stories. Instead of the Auto-Eating Spiral, we grow a news feedback loop.
- In our last two months, there’s no new course material. Rather, you’ll integrate everything you’ve learned and create a food template that works for you in all situations, not just when you’re cooking at home. You’ll also master the skills and tools you’ve been using to respond to your triggers in new, exciting and brave ways. Your new radical truths will be all about elegant solutions, freedom from food focus, and brave liberation.
Your Truce With Food® comes with
All course content and group participation, housed in a private online learning platform. You can reach out for online support in between calls here too.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE READY TO CALL A TRUCE WITH FOOD WHEN YOU HEAR YOURSELF SAYING:
“I get so pissed off when people say it’s as simple as ‘eat less, exercise more’. It’s just not that easy.”
“I’m so over the magic bullets that never work. Those quick fixes fall apart as soon as real life gets in the way.”
“I hate scare tactics, extremes and this idea that there’s one way that will work for everyone. They just make you go crazy.”
“I know I am not contributing what I’m capable of because I feel held back by my weight.”
BREAD BASKET BREAKTHROUGH
You’re back at the pizza place. It’s the first time you’ve thought about eating all day, despite a work curve ball. When you sit down to order, you’re not worn out from fighting food or stress. While work took an unsettling turn, you have the tools to manage. Plus, you feel more confident at work because you’re contributing in ways that align with your true talents.
The night ends and so does your eating.
Not sure if Truce with Food is the right fit for you? Schedule a complimentary, 45-minute call with me to find out. I’ll answer your questions. This isn’t a sales call either; this work is challenging and if it’s not the right fit, I don’t want either of us to waste our time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question not addressed here? Feel free to write to me: email@example.com.